The most important attribute for working successfully at Autumn Harp is the ability to work harmoniously with other people, specifically to create a positive work environment. We offer a desirable and respectful workplace, competitive compensation and generous benefits - including paid time off, holiday pay, medical, dental, vision, disability, life insurance, accident insurance, critical illness, flexible spending accounts, 401k with employer match, profit share, a free gym membership and more! Explore job opportunities at Autumn Harp below.
Employment Applications, Résumés, and Cover Letters stating interest in an open position can be sent to:
26 Thompson Drive
Essex Junction, VT 05452
Autumn Harp is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
We are seeking a Group Leader or Manager to join our R&D Formulation Team. The successful candidate must work well with minimum supervision in the development and evaluation of cosmetic and personal care formulations.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Works with the R&D team to maintain a high level of safety and a standard of Good Laboratory Practices (GLP)
- Respects the R&D team values and the broader Autumn Harp culture
- Exhibits solid working knowledge of cosmetic raw materials in order to analyze and give formulation feedback on a wide variety of cosmetic and personal care products
- Familiar with steps associated to commercialize cosmetic and OTC products in a global market environment
- Possesses strong timeline and deadline management ability for complex projects involving multiple departments and stakeholders both internally and externally
- Ability to represent Autumn Harp and the R&D team during customer visits, presentations and external meetings as necessary for new business development (some light travel will be required)
- Proven track record of working collaboratively with external stakeholders and formulators to develop new and innovative cosmetic and OTC products as well as to improve existing products
- Proactively scans and researches new concepts, materials, technical opportunities and partnerships
- Willingness to serve as project leader and chief creative mind for Autumn Harp’s internal innovation Blue Sky program
- Responsible to constantly seek improved ways and methods to better serve customers, external and internal
- Develops and maintain SOPs where appropriate
- Minimum BA or BS in chemistry, Ch. Eng. or equivalent science. Coursework or a degree in cosmetics is strongly preferred
- Must have current or former formulation experience within a lab environment
- Must be a current or former people manager and be able and willing to manage a team of 3-8 scientists
- Knowledge of chemistry, skin biology, raw materials and emulsion technology are required
- Must have strong problem solving, interpersonal, teamwork, project management and communication skills
- Entrepreneurial attitude with the ability to conceptualize and apply innovative solutions
- Requires a detail oriented, self-motivated individual who can manage and organize data on numerous projects. Able to multi-task and problem solve, while maintaining a clear sense of priorities and focus.
- Works well within a dynamic team environment. Our front-end teams function using an Agile methodology called Scrum. The ideal candidate will be familiar with the Agile Manifesto and its associated principles as they apply to consumer
This position reports to the Manager, Human Resources to plan, direct and implement our safety programs to ensure a safe, healthy and accident-free workplace. The EHS Specialist is responsible for all aspects of Autumn Harp’s compliance with occupational and environmental laws and regulations. This role will team with the Safety Pillar to develop, maintain, implement, update and enforce all EHS programs according to federal, state and local requirements.
- Promote and maintain a safety workplace atmosphere and culture
- Maintain and update the Safety & Health Manual and safety records in compliance with local, state and federal program.
- Perform EHS audits and assist in the implementation of corrective/preventative action and monitor continuous improvement activities and projects
- Participate in all accident and near miss investigations with Safety Pillar members to determine root cause, preventive and corrective actions
- Provide technical safety, health and environmental expertise based on task analysis, needs/risk assessments and standard operating procedures
- Identify safety and environmental hazards; recommend and implement safety control methods according to industry best practices and safety requirements
- Assist with monthly compliance safety trainings and communication
- Responsible for maintaining the Corporate Social Responsibility initiatives and certifications; including gathering data for surveys, and updating the digital library of documentation
- College degree or the equivalent combination of education and experience preferred
- 3-5 years related experience in safety, health and environmental program implementation
- Must be familiar with manufacturing operations, OSHA regulations and GMP guidelines
- Proficient computer skills including Microsoft Office
- Strong collaborator who enjoys working with a variety of people and departments
- Excellent interpersonal, communication and presentation skills
- Reliable, organized with a strong attention to detail
- Flexibility in schedule as required in a 24-hour manufacturing facility
E4 Shift – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 7:00pm to 7:00am
Autumn Harp, a private label custom contract manufacture of cosmetic and personal care products has an opening for a skilled machine technician on our Maintenance and Engineering team.
*Provide mechanical support service to operational changes resulting from setting up and troubleshooting electrical, mechanical, pneumatic and robotic equipment.
*Observes operation of equipment, troubleshoots abnormalities, locating sources of problems, repairing defective parts, adjusting functional parts of devices and control instruments, controlling downtime, and fabricating repair parts.
*Assists in maintaining equipment, parts, and supply inventories.
*Works safely and supports safety across the organization.
*Trains operators to recognize problems and issues with equipment.
*Minimum of 3 years mechanical or machining experience in a fast-paced manufacturing environment.
*Excellent troubleshooting skills in electrical, mechanical, hydraulic, pneumatic systems for production machinery and support equipment.
*Ability to read and understand mechanical prints.
*Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
*Ability to lift moderate to heavy loads up to 50 pounds.
E2 - Thursday, Friday, Saturday 6:50am to 7:00pm
E3 – Sunday, Monday, Tuesday 6:50pm to 7:00am
E4 – Wednesday, Thursday, Friday 6:50pm to 7:00am
Quality-minded, dependable individuals are needed to join our talented production team. Our ideal candidates must be reliable, honest and respectful; and possess sound reading and math skills. Prior experience in manufacturing and mechanical aptitude, a plus. Must be able to perform the physical requirements of the position; which includes the ability to lift 30 lbs or more; able to stand and walk for 12hrs/day; able to perform exacting tasks by hand.